Oct 5, 2009

What will we do? Susan Chen

Since in elementary school, we were told that we should try our best to help those people who are in trouble almost every day. "To help others is to help ourselves." The teacher always said like that. Although we all know that it is what we so called a kind of moral, it is significant. Just like the young man in the article, when others got into trouble, he immediately made a decision to jump into the water to save others. He was a hero and no wonder he got a better reward.
However, when the similar things happen to us, what will we do? To tell the truth, maybe I will just call the 911 because I cannot swim. Even though I can, probably I will do the same decision. I do not want to take myself into trouble. I know it is a little selfish. But this kind of action is just what many people will take. Before we are ready to help others, we should think that whether we have the ability to help.
The yong man in the article had got what he should obtain. He is not only a hero, but also an example that we should learn from.

No comments: