Oct 18, 2009

Choosing Clothes but Not Husbands (Boning Zhang)

After read this story, I thought those traditional rule was also happened at about 40 years ago in China. When I was young, my grandma told me, women were not allowed to chose the husband, their parents was prepared already the husband for their daughter. Chastity is important to a woman. Young women must keep good reputation before their marriage. They can’t dated, can’t stay together with Young men, even thought not allowed to talk with guys. In my opinion, it’s kind of oppression. Woman can’t get her right, the right to socialize with person of the opposite sex. The right to chose boyfriend, the right to find an ideal companion who will live with her to the end of life. If her husband is not the Mr. Right. Her life will full of unhappiness and complaint. Why did the women’s life must be the unfortunate fate. Because the feudal thought at that time, the discrimination let men think they are better than women. Men think they can earn more money and do more work at live, so they think it behooves man get more rights. Fortunately, it’s not existed nowadays. It’s a kind of development of society,also The development of human.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I am happy that I was born in nowadays! If i were born in the past, I think I would be crazy because of the OLD thought!

FANG-YU LIN

Leslie said...

By your explanation, I could realize one more deep meaning in the article. ^ ^ (Young Ho)