Oct 10, 2009

The Achievement of Desire (Thanh Tran-Terry)

The author told the story about his own life. He achieved many things in academy but it also took a lot of things from him. He spent so much time studying and when he grew up he realized he missed something in his childhood. He was serious at reading book he did not care about anything. He looked down on his parents’ low education. It really alienated him from his parents because he thought he was not the same with them. He became quiet person and just focus on studying what he liked, he left home by himself for college. From his story, I realize that nowadays many parents encourage their children to study as much as possible. I do not understand how it could be if a child just know to due with theory and he or she does not know how to apply what they study into the real society. I think about my childhood. My mother often encouraged me to study but never put any pressure on me. I was a good student but I was always to try to feel free and took part in as many activities as I could. It is the truth that education is very important but what we get it in positive way is much more significant. I always try to study because I want to help my mother, I admire her. I never look down on my mother when she speaks English although she has no good pronunciation. Education gives us a lot of things but it also takes many things from us. I hope each student can find the true meaning of studying when they read this article.

5 comments:

MinjianRuan said...

Good thinking. You never got pressure from your parent, it looks good for you, but may also be your lack. Sometimes, people really need pressures. That's my opinion.

Leslie said...

when we find the meaning of studying, studying will become more interesting. dan lu

Terry said...

@MinjianRuan: I agree with you that people need pressure to be successful but not from our parents. I sometimes put myself in pressure to try hard. That's what I meant.
@Dan lu: That's really true.

Mengqi Zhao said...

Terry, long time no see. I agree with your opinion that I do need more time to enjoy my life that means I don't really enjoy studying. I think if everyone can feel the pleasure of education, we are all survived but just the reverse be true. I hope one day I can really understand the meaning.

Heejin kim said...

As I read your blog, I thought my childhood and my mother too. My parents always encourage me to focus on my study. when I was young, I thought stydy was just my duty(students), not for my acquirement of knowledge. However, I realized once more the meaning of studying through your blog. :)