Oct 11, 2009

What do we lose?(Yi Feng Wang)

As a Chinese student who study abroad, I always think about the advantage of studying abroad, and the disadvantage. I had hesitated for a long time before I went abroad, and finally I made the decision. It was not my parents pushing me to go abroad, and I was still thinking that I could grasp more knowledge studying abroad, and I could learn how to handle things by myself, in other words, I could be more independent. But some students who study abroad may not agree with me. They think they lose a lot of things, for instance they lose friendship with best friends, the time that they could lay back instead of worrying about ten paper-long essays, and even their girlfriends in their countries. To me, I get more than I lose, otherwise I will not choose to go abroad to study. Since I made the decision, I stick to it, and never regret for it. After reading this article, I think a lot.The author mention the losses in studying. What do I lose after I go abroad to study? My best friends are still my best friends, and my family are still the family who can share happiness and sorrow with me, and I am still the apple in their eyes. I feel comfortable enough, and I can go back to my country in summer holidays. I lose little. I think for international students, if you decide to go abroad, you should stick to it, and don't ask yourselves the same question"What do we lose" again and again, because it is you make the decision, may be you will go through hard things, you can handle them, just trust yourselves.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I didnt want to come here for studying.but now i think i made a right decision.(Yalin Hsiao)

Jianjie Zhao said...

every thing for your life is a double sword, it has its own advantages and disadvantages. I am still hoping to study at my own country.