Oct 11, 2009

what is important thing in our lives? (heejin kim)

This article is story about author's own experience when he was in childhood. He was hard-working student and he accomplished a lot of things in his school. He got a scholarship several times and put lots of effort on his study. His parents encouraged him to focus on his studying very much as much as they could. However, he held his parents cheap because of lach of education. And he spent too much time to only his study. The more he focused on just his studying, the more he became far from his surrondings, such as his family and his friends. When he came back home, he and his parents mentioned only small, obcious things: his dormitory life, weekend trips he had taken; random events. And also, it was difficult for him to get along with others.
As I read this article, I thought just learning knowledge is not always good in school life. My school life was totally different from his experience. I was not so hard-working student, but I was active and dynamic student in school. I was a member of student council, and a leader of club in my school. From this activities, I got lots of things that I could not have in school lecture. It was great help for me to get along with others. Of course, knoweledge is necessary to live but, what I want to say is that is not all in our lives.

No comments: