Oct 4, 2009

from ragged dick (heejin kim)

This article talks about Dick's story.
Dick was not a rich man but one day he saw a little boy who fell into a river.
A little boy's father cried and screamed out.
A few passengers on board at the time nobody could plunge into water easily, but Dick fell into water without any hesitating moment and rescue a little boy.
His father was pleased and thankful for Dick's rescue of a child.
The father gave him a new cloth for a symbol of appreciation.
And he entrusted Dick with a task of arithmnetic in his counting-house.
Besides, his salary was increased three times as much as he had before.
As we read this article, we would be able to think that he was lucky guy and have a good chance. But he actually helped others all the time, his warm heart brought good thing to him.
While I was reading, I thought my mother saying. My mom always says that if we grant others a favor, some day we will get a good thing in what way certainly.
This article makes me warmth.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

yean, we have the same kind of idea~
always do someone's favor, and good thing will happen on you. but sometimes, good thing never hannen on me, even i help people out. poor myself

Leslie said...

i forgot to put my name on my common. the top one was mine.

Chung-Chih Chi