Oct 18, 2009

Choosing Clothes, but Not Husbands (Yiling Feng)

Although more and more people and areas are more open than before, there are still some people who keep old thinking in their mind and observe traditional custom in some countries and areas. Like the article, women cannot choose the husband by themselves. They have to obey the decision of their parents, which accord with their traditional culture. Although these two Afghanistan are thoroughly modern American women, they still choose to obey traditional culture which let their parents choose their husband.
I do not know these two Afghanistan women are really willing to accept their husbands which do not have a little objection in their mind. This story let think back to Chinese history. In old China, women and men cannot choose their husbands and wives by themselves. Women and men have to obey their parents’ decisions. They cannot have a little dissent. Women and men cannot choose in their marriage. Although there are most people being happy in the marriage, we cannot ignore that still have some people feel regretful in their life, because they do not marry with their lover. If it happens to me, I think I cannot accept it. I will choose husband by myself, but I will also consider suggestions of my parents. Then, you can say there is no regret in your marriage.

No comments: