Oct 11, 2009

No Pain No Gain (Chung-Chih Chi)

There is a phase said” No pain, no gain”, which is definitely right to me. When you are trying to have something, you lose something. For example, when you spend your time on work, you earn money, but you lose your time, which you can use that time to do other things. In economic course, it is called “opportunity cost”. The author was talking about how education made him succeed; on the other hand, he spent lots of time on studying and he even had no time with his family.
For me, I choose to study abroad and I am forced to separate from my family and my friends at home. I have to adapt to this new environment here. On the other hand, I got better education here and later on, when I go to work, I have more abilities to get better job. I cannot tell which is better, but all I can do is to stay in balance and it might be the best to me

2 comments:

Christina~* said...

I agree with the writer. Also, I think it's good for us to become aware of what we are doing and always make sure we are still in the right track can make much easier to find the balance for our life.

Leslie said...

i agree with you. the balance is important for our life. the phrase "no pain, no gain" is interesting. -yumiha