Oct 4, 2009

To give is to ask nothing to return. (Fang-yu LIN)

As I read this article, I deeply admire this person whose name is Dick. As we know from the article, he was a poor and did a low-paid job for living. One day, he was preparing to interview, he saw a boy who fell into the river. When the boy’s father was still scramming and looking his children with crying, he jumped into water without thinking anything to rescue the little boy. When the boy’s father got his lovely boy, he wanted to present how appreciate to Dick; however, Dick refused modestly. Dick considered that he is good at swimming, so he has no reason not to rescue this little boy. Nevertheless, in nowadays society, how many people have this same thought like Dick? The answer is not so many, because almost people do not want to do something without getting repaid. Therefore, I got an experience about one of my friends, he did not know to speak in that time, but he needed to go to hospital to do a treatment. In that period of time, I always went to hospital with him or did the therapy, sometimes it took whole day for us. Some people might say why I should help him, he is not my boyfriend or family, but I think that I might go to abroad someday, and I also I can meet some people can help me without asking any repaid! Hence, after reading this article, I feel really warm and let me think about the experience.

2 comments:

Ting Shu said...

I like "To give is to ask nothing to return" this topic. =)))))

Jianjie Zhao said...

I want to say help others as you can, maybe in you future you will get repaied. even sometimes you get nothing, it is a happenss for everyone to help others.