Oct 2, 2009

A Kind Hearted Person ( Thanh Tran-Terry)

Dick saved the boy without thinking although it could risk his life. He is really a kind hearted person. I really admire him because I don’t know if I were in his situation, I could do like him or not. As my mother often said “when you do a good thing without thinking for you, something good will come to you” and Dick was rewarded. He was offered a good job that he never thought that he could get. When he retired from business, he left his job for a man who needed it. He never forgets that he also had an old vagabond life with nick name “Ragged Dick”. He had a chance to change his life and now it is time for him to give another chance to someone who really needs it.

Sometimes, I think about the meaning of life. I realize that life is always fair. It never takes nor gives someone all the things. Life is difficult but if we keep trying and never give up, we will get what we want. Dick’s story really gives me a hope that I will succeed if I do all I can. Besides, it makes me feel happy because I know that in this world, there are people who always respect the value of lives. They help other people with kind hearts.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

maybe it can be said, peopel with kind heart will get good rewarded.
when helping others, we can also get happiness at the same time--dan lu

Leslie said...

I also think about the meaning of life same as you but i should learn from people who respect the value of lives and help other people with warm hearts.(by hearim Lee)

Leslie said...

In fact, in this complex world, there are often some gain without efforts such as talented people or investing of real asset. But, in this story, it makes us feel happy because Dick always help others unselfishly. (SooHyeon.Kang)

Leslie said...

i agree your mother said: when you do a good thing without thinking for you, something good will come to you. Because if you wnat help someone, but you want get the reward. It's mean you really not want help them. Because you just want you have a good appearence in our mind.
And you said life is difficult. I totally agree. When I have to face difficult things, i thought i am so poor, why I have to face it? Maybe it's the challenge in our life.(ying yi,chen)

CoramDeo said...

You have good sense of capturing writer's main point of this article.
I am impressed on your thoughts.
It's always easy to consider what is good or bad, but it is really hard to be good man/woman.