Oct 18, 2009

Rational Marriage (HAO SU)

I always thought only Chinese have arranged marriages, until I read this article I know this phenomenon all over the world. Most arranged marriage I know are unhappy and many people have made sacrifices for this. For example, in Shakespeare’s novel “Romeo and Juliet” and Chinese ancient love story “Butterfly Lovers”.

Marriage is a very special and joyous part of many people's lives. In ancient times, marriage is pay attention to good match. It means that it two children come from similar family background, they are easier to get along with each other. Then the basis of their marriage will be stronger. In general, parents have a depth of vision and logos of the child's marriage, parents are rational look at the issue. But young people are sentimental view of marriage.

I have heard too many similar stories: Girl gets married without their parents’ opinions and advice, stubbornly married to a man who are their parents think he is not suitable for her. However, she believes this is her true love. After marriage she felt that she did not really loved him.

In my mind, I think that marriage is a major event in life and parents have a lot of experience than us. We should listen to their opinions.

No comments: