Oct 10, 2009

Impressions after reading "The Achievement of Desire"

I didn’t achieve the academic success like the author, but I have a similar point with him. I am also lacking of community with my parents.

My parents were busy with their works. When I was 4 years old, I was sent to the next city for kindergarten living in teacher’s home. After kindergarten, I went to another city for primary school again. Afterward, I studied junior school and high school also in another city. Now, I come to the USA, another country to study college. It means I never studied by staying home. I am close to be 20 years old, but I think I lived without my families about 10 years.

What I paid this for? For my study? For my career? Is it worth such a lot I paid? I say no, absolutely no! However, those decisions were not determined by myself. I couldn’t change it and it is too late to be regretful. What I can do now is trying my best to let what I paid not be wasting.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

a specific environment can really change people's mind. if we can't change our situation, we can change our minds to adapt it. dan lu

MinjianRuan said...

reply to Dan Lu: Exactly. I still think about it. Sometimes life forces us to do what we are not willing to do, but we have to adapt it and try change it in the future.

Leslie said...

You know, the time that you can stay with your parents are shorter and shorter which means you will have your own home and work. So you should truly treasure the time and your parents.

Junjie Ruan

Jing Yan said...

now, u can never study with ur parents. that time has gone. i am sorry about that u never have that kind of time studying with ur parents, that is nice. just try u best to get the things u lost back.

Leslie said...

I can't agree with you more, since we come here, we should try our best to fulfill our dreams. I think study in other cities could be great experiences for you.
Yi Feng Wang