Oct 19, 2008

YunJu Chung "Men and Their Hidden Feelings"

This is something men learn early. It is something I learned from my father, who taught me, the way fathers teach sons, to keep my emotions to myself.............My mother said he worried a lot, but I saw none of this.

When I read these sentences, it reminds me a father's love I have forgotten frequently. We have grown up watching a father who is a bit blunt. Many fathers do not show on their face even though they have a weight on their mind. They have a strong sense of duty beacuse they are just a man and a father. We are just all human though. As Im growing older I could feel father's mind. I think we have to undertand and talk heart to heart more with father.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Suddenly I am reminded of the poem 'Those winter sundays' by Robert Hayden. It also talk about hidden father's love.(Soo Jin Park)

Leslie said...

Father's hidden love

As Jake said, men are raised in a way that they don't know how to express their feelings, even love.

Father's love is always realized by children long after they grow up. When I am getting older, I can feel his love better. However, what if we cannot realize it early enough?

Who will feel the pain more?