Oct 19, 2008

Yongfei Gu:Don't always hide yourselves.

"They talk of long silences and drifting off and of keeping feelings hidden and never letting on that they are troubled or bothered whatever."--------Men and Their Hidden Feelings

Men is a group of strange creatures. Most of them are good at hiding their feelings.
I have a good friend. Her father and my father are good friends,too. Unfortunately,her father died couple months ago because of the heart disease. The truth is that her father's heart disease was congenital and nobody knows except his parents. I was shocked by the truth which my friend told me. Until now, we still do not understand why he and his parents did that. They lied to everybody even his wife and daughter, what was the purpose of them? Did he just want to live a normal life?Or something else?Anyway,I can not understand this behavior.
When I was a little girl,I aways heard that my aunt taught my brother"YOU ARE A MAN IN THE FUTURE NOT ONLY A BOY FOREVER,SO PLEASE BE BRAVE AND CRYING IS A BEHAVIOR ONLY BELONGING GIRLS."From then, I know,it turns out to be a rule for man.They should hidden their feelings in front of others though that is a quite difficult task.But in my opinion, everyone has the right to cry and everyone has the really sad things in their heart.If a person keeps everything in his own world,that will not have a good result, as well as my friend's family.
In a nutshell,everything will have the solutions.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

What they are hiding are their weakness

What do you think one will hide away from others? something you don't want others to know, about your weakness, your problems, wrongs, guilt.

Not only men, women also want to hide these stuffs from others. Everyone is trying to keep them as long as they can bear. When hiding them is no longer endurable, they give them out.

Then why women give them out more than men? Because women are more emotional than men, and accordingly, women are emotionally weaker than men. They can't endure them as long as men.

Men test their endurance by holding them as long as possible. That's why when it gets to the extreme, it will be a real explosion, no way to remedy.