Oct 26, 2008

"Achievement of Desire,"Mayur Raniya.

"A primary reason for my success in the classroom was that i couldn't forget that schooling
was changing me and separating me from the life i enjoyed before becoming a student," said by Richard Rodriguez in the article named "Achievement Of Desire." Whenever i read this quote it always reminds me of my childhood. Whatever the writer has mentioned here in this quote is absolutely true for me because i have gone through this same situation. After graduating from the school i took admission in the college and i met many students around me with different mentalities. Some are just wanted to enjoy their life having relationships with girls, partying with friends and much more things that give them enjoyment whereas some just wanted to focus on their studies. They don't want to be like those other students and i am also one of them. Now i can realize that i have many different things in me from my classmates. During my schooling, i was very serious about my studies and i was concentrating on my studies only. I was not enjoying my life like other children like playing games, watching movies,etc. In the class i had different opinions on any topics from my other classmates as well as at home from my parents too. I was the favorite student of my teachers and they encouraged me a lot in finding the right path in my life and from that time i decided to be something in life and by keeping that in mind it always kept me away from those extra activities and same kind of response i got from my parents too so i became more and more serious about my studies and i think somewhere insight i was more mature than my other colleagues. Whenever they had talk with me i felt like they still have childish behavior. I know that many students are there who just want to have fun at that time and they think that they will become serious later on but in my opinion it's too hard to do that and if you failed to do so that will be too late for you and you won't achieve whatever you have dreamed of in your life and you will be repenting for that. So the wisest step is to take the right decision at your early age so that it won't be hard for you to accomplish your dream.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Be a responsible person, but don't be too serious about everything

Some people have extremely strong sense of responsibility, so they take everything seriously.

It's a great virtue but it put them under great pressure, too. These people don't need any discipline, because their sense of responsibility makes them self-discipline. They will be good without any supervision, because they will do everything seriously. A society with these people only will become an ideal one.

However, these people are always stressful, because their sense of responsibility stops them from staying at ease.

In some sense, they are too cruel to themselves. However, it is their own choice, a decision made by themselves.

I know we should become this kind of people, but I really don't know whether it is the only right choice.