Oct 11, 2008

Does real friendship exist? (Svetlana)

“My friends have no friends”
from Men and Their Hidden Feelings by Richard Cohen

This paradox fraise has a deep meaning. For me it’s kind of upsetting to hear such a saying. After reading this article in my head arisen a question: Does such a meaningful word as “friendship” exist in real life? Or we know about loyal to each other “friends” just from books and movies?

It’s very common when close friends become enemies because of jealousy, money or women. However, I know men myself who are like brothers to each other. For many years of friendship nothing could change their closeness. Maybe it’s just a quality of certain cultures?

Anyways I believe in true friendship both men and women. I really hope people, who I think are real friends to me, they are not just an illusion.

4 comments:

Frank Ye said...

I have the same feeling with you when I read the first sentance of this artical. Whatever men and women should have their own real friends. Although there still have some people who always betray their firends, we should believe the real friendship exist in our life.

Soowan.Park said...

I also agree with your idea. I also see some people who always betray their friends. I think they don't know what real friend ship is, or I think they already injury from other person, because of that they can't make real friendship and discard their friends. They are afraid of discard from other person so they discard and betray to us. We should teach them there are real friendships existing.

Leslie said...

Real friendship is always possible. (Leslie)


Yes, I also agree with the blogger and two comments. I believe in true friendship and I also believe in people.

It's kind of pitiful thing if a person lose the belief in real friendship as well as any real human relationship. He might think that he is the smartest person who don't believe in any person and won't be cheated by anyone. Actually, he might become the most miserable and lonely person in the world, too.

I'd rather be cheated and hurt by others, but still believe that there are still honest and real friend in the world, and keep giving out my warmness to them, regardless whether I can get the same reward.

I think men and women may treat friends in different ways, but their hope for real friendship is same. That sheer reason makes us human.

Leslie said...

(svetlana)People do mistakes otherwise they are not people but robots. That’s ok to be hurt by someone, that how people learn about trust and forgiveness. In my opinion these two things particularly are a fundament for strong relationships between people.