Oct 19, 2008

Younghee Jeong

"I teach my kids that these thing are righ and these things are wrong.."

I heard that "that is right or that is wrong" before I had tought about it is wrong or right. and it is true that I had to accept that without applying anycritical thinking.
sometimes I feel that it is hard to make a critical thinking. Bacause I usually hear what others think about, what should I do if my thinking is different from others or do others think it is right or not? I am used to hear what people think about first before I tell my thought to others.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Critical thinking is painful

Actually critical thinking is painful, because it makes you become one of the minority who are always challenging the majority.

When we are talking to each other, we expect to be agreed and accepted. If someone is always challenging you, or even opposing you, you won't feel comfortable. You will even be scolded to be thorny.

However, critical thinking keeps you think, and explore something new, different, which may lead you to a door which no one has opened before, and whatever it is behind that door.

"Open the door, Sesame."