Oct 9, 2008

facts of spotlight -Heekyung.CHO

" From Ally MeBeal to Sex in the city , a spotlight came to shine on the forever single."
-Qoute from Shasha Cagen, People Like us : The Quirkyalones"

I definitely understand that sentence. Because, someone who was really popular actress in Korea. She was really popular actress in our country. But, she had a mental depression. She is a hypochondraic. The specific mental diesase name is " Masked mental depression." That means, all of actress and actors have to smiling in front of the spotlight. They have no private life, show their real mind and so on.. they have a lot of problem phenomenon in their mind.

Anyway, So, After she got their mental dieases , she always say " I am always alone, I feel lonely every day.. I am so tired ... and so on.." after all she kill herself in despair.

It's too sad story . And its actual society in actress and actor life.
I am really sad ...

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Choi Jin Sil's life? (Leslie)

What you described reminds me of Choi Jin Sil's suicide, the sensational news at the beginning of this month. I don't know whether we are talking about the same issue.

It was such a shock to all people who know Choi Jin Sil, and it is even bigger shock to people who know anything about the notorious internet stalking. It is the sad story to all the people under the spotlight.

The life shinning under the spotlight actually is the saddest and loneliest life in the world. Have you ever imagined it?

However, I should point out that, according to my understanding, the "spotlight" in the quote doesn't talk about the real spotlight in the entertainment industry, but means that a lot of attention is now shedded to the phenomenon of being single in this society.