Oct 7, 2008

When I was young.... Heekyung.CHO

" When I was a kid, I believed that it was men who had real friendships and women who did not"

Quote from -Men and Their Hidden Feelings.-


When I was young , I belived that it was women who had real friendships and men who did not.
Because , I am a women . So, I believed my gender friendship. But I did not belived the other gender's (men's) friendship.

I think that the sentence is a biased view. It comes from gender.
If I was men, I also may beliving about men's friendship. But now, I am a women!
So, I was believing my own gender's friendship.

Men and Women have gender prejudice each other. But it makes different gender's characteristic. I think that different gender comes from different thinking.
So, The different thinking can make men and women.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Gender difference has always been a big issue

Gender difference is always a hot topic in sociology, psychology, or linguistics, etc. Actually, it's also an interesting topic to all of us, since we are either this or that gender and always full of questions toward the opposite sex.

And the misconcept about the opposite sex brings so many misunderstanding, disputes, or even conflicts. That's why some people say it's better to stay with same sex since it makes things easier. Same-sex marraige might have fewer problems. Still, it leaves as a question.

As you said, different thinking makes men and women. Some other people say it in the oppoiste way. which is cause and which is effect, it is another question.

Therefore,

Leslie said...

i believe that human beings have the same charactors no matter what gender they have. every different thought are from different individuals. so everyone has their own opinion about friends.....

from xiaoshu zhu

Leslie said...

I really understand what are you saying. Because I am a woman too. Men usually said, It is hard to have real friendship between women. But as HeeKyung said, It might be different thinking and have different relations between men and women. So, we have to understand each other's friendships.