Oct 12, 2008

all those night alone (Jia Qi Huang)

All those night alone-they bring insight.
------ from "People like us: The quirkyalone".

I am not a quirkyalone person, but i am totally agree with this sentence. After I come to America, i am alone. I don't have family, friends and boyfriend in here. how many nights I was supposed to spend with them? But now I just sitting in the dorm by myself. All those night become empty, I don't have any plans. Except missing them, I start think about myself more. What am i really want to do? Why i am here?What is my dream? what kinds person am I? I start to think it deeply about myself to get the answer. Before that, i never think about this questions deeply. There are always have lots of people around me before i came here. I thought I am someone's daughter, someone's friend and someone's girlfried. I never thought about who really am I. The lonely night bring me to start think about it.......

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Let thoughts be my friends (Leslie)

Yes, I agree with you since we are all spending the similar lonely nights in this foreign land. Sometimes to take yourself as your friend and talk to the other self is more than necessary.

Even though sometimes you have a lot of friends around you, you still need to give yourself a little break and go back to your own room and talk to yourself for a while. As you said, in most cases, we live for others as a daughter, a sister, a friend, a wife, a mother, etc, but we need to be ourselves every now and then.

The insights coming from your conversation with the other self will be decisive to your whole life.

Hence, I like to be single sometimes, though too many lonely nights will be depressive.