Oct 26, 2008

The grass is always green on the other side (xiaoshu zhu)

Most of people would like to talk education impact on people. However, last week we talked about how education influenced people in a negative way. The writer who wrote the essay ( I forgot the name of the essay), she said that she felt unhappy because when she was in high school, she studied all the time, and she didn’t experience romance love and something fashionable. So she thought education made her lost many wonderful things like other girls had. According to my own experience, I don’t think about getting education like that bad. I was in a private international high school. We didn’t need to study hard like the students from public school. Therefore, we didn’t have any pressure on study. Also, I had a lot of fun and wonderful memories there. Now, I am in a university, and sometimes I really feel different from others. Although we are in the same teaching environment, and others start from ten, I start from zero. I am not going to say that my situation was not good, and I mean that everything has two sides: if you get some, you have to lose some. The writer didn’t have a special memory in her high school, but she got knowledge and she knew how to study efficiently. Finally, everything cannot totally wrong, we just choose the different ways to live. We should enjoy any moment we have and don’t always say: “the grass is always green on the other side.”

2 comments:

Leslie said...

The God is fair to every. When you lose something, you will get something.So what we can do is not regret for the past, we should look forward and try best to do thing befor your eyes.

Leslie said...

Look at that green grass

You are right, we always feel the grass on the other side is greener than the one under our feet.

What we get always turns into less treasuable than what we don't have. As you said, if you get some, you will lose others. It might be God's partiality.

When you see greener grass on the other side, turn your eyes to your own feet, and you will see you are also standing on green grass, which might be greener, or the greenest.