Oct 9, 2008

Let's gamble on it ( xiaoshu zhu)

Everyone else is a part of a couple! Still, there are advantages; no one can take our lives away by breaking up with us.

The writer in the article “People Like Us: Quirkyalones”, he called himself qoirkyolones, who like to be single all the time. Most of the people like to enjoy the single life, but for them, it is a very important part to be married in their lives. As I come from a traditional family, I would like to get marry for many reasons. My parents believe that marriage and children are the responsibility for women. When I read this article, I really change my mind for one moment. In that moment, I really want to keep single forever because just like he said that no one could make me get hurt if I am single, as well as I could be everyone’s friend as a single. However, the feeling of keeping single just lasted for just that moment. I think marriage seems to be like an adventure, if you could find a good partner, you’ll win. Although there are risk existed, most of the people still want to gamble on it. There are hopes in their hearts.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

he said that no one could make me get hurt if I am single.
Actually, I am not so agree with this sentence which is from the context.Because, there are so many things in the world can hurt you, not only the love. Sometimes, friendships can also do the same job.(Yongfei Gu)

Leslie said...

Is Being Single a kind of Escaping? (Leslie)

As the author said, being single can save us from being hurt or being broken up with. Maybe it is just a passive way of escaping. If you are enjoying the freedom that a single life can bring you, then it's better to be single. However, if you choose to be single just to avoid any hurt coming along with any relationship, then as Yongfei Gu said, that kind of hurt might come from more than one way and I doubt whether you can escape all of them. Why not just gamble on it and be hurt, after many times, you will become strong enough to survive any hurt. That might be the more effective way.

So I agree with you that we should give any relationship a chance, whether it's a gamble or not.

Marriage, though I dislike to say so, is really a gamble to women. Many women's lives were changed just because of the people they married to. Still, we hold great hope in our hearts, as you said, toward marriage. Hope who we will meet in our life will be the only right person in this world.

It's always better to believe in it than doubt about it. For quikyalones who have more doubt than belief, life won't become easier or happier.