Oct 26, 2008

YunJu Chung "I teach my kids that...."

"I teach my kids that these are right and these things are wrong."

There is no doubt that parents play an important part. If it is so, family should teach us everything.? Of course, they call what is right right, and wrong wrong. and they hope we make a success in life. However, another parents do not like that. For example, my parents make me and my younger brother to decide for ourselves. I think it makes me if I do something I should act on my own responsibility. I cannot be making choices what is good and bad, but I just think parents do not have to teach everything.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Yes, they don't have to teach us everything. eventually, we naturally learn everything from our parents. even eating habit, and way their living. I got something good thing from my parents also some bad habits too :P

Leslie said...

↑THATS HEEYOUN :)

Leslie said...

It is really hard to be a good parents.right, i also wonder about what is right and wrong. (soo jin park)

Leslie said...

Teach me how to fish

I think parents should teach us how to make decision instead of making decisions for us; and they should teach us how to distinguish right from wrong instead of telling us what is right and what is wrong.

The gist is they should teach us the methods, not the results, so that when we face with a new problem, we know how to solve it; in our life, we may have various problems, which there are no prepared answers or results. Though parents won't live long enough to tell us what to do, we still know how to deal with them. That's what parents should do.

Teach me how to fish, instead of giving fish.