Oct 25, 2008

dealing the decision you made(Jiaqi Huang)

This week, we read an essay from a student. In her essay, she mentioned one thing: study too hard has a lot of negative side, one of them is miss a lot of things.

I am agree with the writer about study hard have some negative influence for the students. But I don't think miss a lot of things is one of the negative influence. what I think is the writer can not accept the result after she make the dicision. All of us just a person who have limited ability. There are many possible ways in front of us, most of time we just can choose one of them. Once we made the dicision, we have to accept the result bring from the dicision. Just like you want to do the excellence student in the school, you have to give up many activities and spend more time in study.That is so fair. We can't say it is a negative side of study hard. There are a long time I alway regreted my dicision after I made it. I thought I pick one thing, then lost so many things. I was focus too much on the things i did't pick, then they become better and better in my mind. The decision what I made become worse and worse. I knew what i thought was wrong, I just don't know how to fix it and stop thinking that way. Until one day, I heard a sentence: The real growing up isn't about making the right decision, is about dealing the decision you made and picking yourself up. After that, i don't regret when the problem comes up after made the decision. I won't think too much about if I pick the other way when I made the decision, those problems may not come up. I will focus more on how to dealing those problem when them come up. It was work, I am really feeling better about that. So, don't regret what you lose after you made decision, more focus on what you got.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

The best insight I've read these days.

Wow, your opinion makes me speechless. You are so right.

I think many people will quote your words, which are so enlightening to them.

Everyone has the same experience, wondering whether the other choice which we gave up will lead to a better result, though it doesn't make us feel better at all.

The only way which may bring better result is, As you said, "dealing with the decision you made and picking yourself up."

If we didn't do well with the decision we made, we would do well even if we had chosen the other one.

You made me realize a lot, thanks.