Mar 14, 2010

To explain what my visual to America is (Duekhyun Kim)

Topic: American Body type is Big.

Outline

Purpose: To explain what my visual to America is.

Audience: Professor, classmates

Tone: Straightforward

Point of view: First person

Thesis: When I see the American people, as I am an Asian, they are big.

Introduction

-Two reasons why most American people are big

-My experiment when I came to the America.

-Thesis statement.

Body

1. Good visual. “Self-Improvement through motivating Idol”

a. Super heroes in the America cartoons have big body and muscle.

- Super hero is an idol to American people.

- Show the pictures of heroes in the America.

b. Famous sports stars have an effect the America body style.

-Football athletes and Wrestling players have big muscular body.

-American people like to make their body like spots stars.

-Show the pictures of Football athletes and Wrestling players.

2. Bad visual. “Overweight”

a. There are many fatness people in the America.

-Fast food that causes fatness is staple meal in the America.

-Quote movie contents “Super size me”.

-Show the picture of fast-food problem.

b. American people do less exercise.

- When they go to anywhere, they use car mostly.

- Show the map of around C.W Post.

Conclusion

- Summary of why I see American are big.


Picture


Body 1-a


Body 1-b

Body 2-a

Body 2-b

5 comments:

DuekHyun Kim said...

To.prof,Bai
I don't know why my post structure get confused. I try to change to right way, but I can't. I am sorry that you see my outline difficult.

Leslie said...

It's ok, I can read it.

I think the topic is good and the outline is organized with details.

Here are some suggestions:

1. You are right to point out American's craving for big-size, by building up their muscles and body, and admiring all athletic body type. Those pictures are good to show that.

But the problem of obesity might not be the result of their idol, since muscle and fat are totally different.

2. Actually why do they build up their bodies through so cruel exercises? To be strong both physically and mentally. If everyone can be strong both physically and mentally, there would be no obesity.

3. Try to bring out some positive spirits of being strong in both those heroes and super stars. Those spirits of perseverance, diligence, and consistency might be the spirits of Americans, and become the solution of obesity, too.

All in all, try to go deeper to your topic.

The last picture of Map doesn't make sense.

And if you choose those pictures, remember you also have to describe them in words in details.

Leslie

Anonymous said...

according to your outline, i almost can see the whole article, it is a very good article. in my opinion, why American like big is because of the passion of sports.

Anonymous said...

according to your outline, i almost can see the whole article, it is a very good article. in my opinion, why American like big is because of the passion of sports.

Anonymous said...

according to your outline, i almost can see the whole article, it is a very good article. in my opinion, why American like big is because of the passion of sports.