Mar 7, 2010

The Achievement of Desire(Lingli Huang)

"Your parents must be proud of you." The author always hear this refrain, because he was a good "schoolarship boy" when he was in school. He did well in school education, and it looks good in the other people's mind who have traditional idea about education such as education is good. But when he grew up, it look a little different, he realized it is wrong, education is not so good. Education destoried his life.

In his article, he mentions many times:"I never forget that schooling had irretrievably changed my family life.""I remembered too well that the education had changed my family life.""I would not have become a schoolarship boy had I not so foten remembered" After the author went to school to get education, he changed a lot. He became bookish, puzzling to all his family. He said"I was oddly annoyed when I was unable to get parental help with a homework assignment." The lake of his parents' education made him respect his parents less. "It mattered that education was chaningme. It never caused to matter." The schooling speart him and his family. His home become silence when he get higher education. When the author get older, become an adult, he just ealized it.

In my mind, education is not so bad as the author said, at least depend on my experience. My father did go to university and my mother even did not go to high school to get education. But my family still happy. After I come to America, my mom begin to learn English. I think it is a good thig.

No comments: