Mar 7, 2010

Chao Zhou

This autobiography has so much to say about the individual. It is obvious that from the beginning of school, that Richard wanted to please his teachers and their idea of what was important about Western Culture. Hiding behind books, his family became irrelevant to his future and he denounced the importance of family for the importance of books and education. His identity as a "scholarship boy" accepted a western education without embracing his own cultural heritage. He thought all his answers could be found in the books he read, but later realized that through this method, he was never allowed to come to his own understanding, it was always the author's understanding, but later he realised that the distance between him and his family members become further and further.
I'm a good example, I studied in NanJing University for one year,and during this time, the Schoole is my kingdom. Now I came to NY, everything changed alot,I called my mother once a week, but I found that we have no topic now,I get the knowlege,but I lose my family.

No comments: