Mar 7, 2010

The Achievement of Desire(Yunzhen Li)

The article "The Achievement of Desire" by Richard Rodriguez is main about education and the relationship between it and our normal life. The author believe that education is not so good as most people think so. As he said, "I couldn't forget that school was changing me and separating me from the life I enjoyed before becoming a student". In the author's story about his childlife. He was clever when he was just a little boy, but also a "scholarship boy". Although his father tried to help him with an arithmetic exercise, "I 'll try to figure it out some more by myself". He has said about when there is an exam close. He always locked him alone in his own room and separate from his family. Form this part, he recognized that the education has broken his normal life with his parents. For him, the life in school and home is absolutely different, even seemed that his home life is less of education. "Education was changing me". Once other people said his parents must be very proud of him, he was clear in his heart he was not proud of his parents. Yes, his mother is just a housewife and his father is a cleaner, they are lack of education. The author has mention education broke the communication between him and his parents. Many years later he know clear his parents were always behind him. I think he is right that we all need to respect to our parents weather they have high degree or not.

No comments: