Feb 14, 2009

Racism is period in the United States. (Hugo,Chung)

Well, I have already been here for one year. And I am really enjoying and have a pleasurable time in the United States.
I really love the United States so much because they are giving me a lot of good chances.
But of course I love Korea as much too. Now that I think about it I have never felt discriminated against out of the whole year I’ve been here.
I don’t know maybe I just mostly meet nice American people. However sometimes, in the market I can meet horribly unkind people, but it also could be possible to meet someone in my country that acts the same way.
When I read 2 Articles, I felt a little bit nervous. And frankly for our class, I would like to ask our professor “Why should we have to read those kinds of things? So I am little bit afraid because it could bit by bit show too badly of Black people. Moreover I am just afraid it could a little bit make it a big situation to black people.
But it was really good chance to think about and familiarize with the understanding about racism or racist in the United States.
This year First Black president Obama has taken office to the White House. In our school we are used to seeing black people and white people hanging out very well together. Also on the street, we often see lots of black and white couples too. But I think mostly only Asians look estranged in the United States community.
Normally Asian tendency is very sticky with only their groups. Even I was able to see Asians who were born and grown up here also. They feel I am really difficult to belong in the American community. And they just grumble about our culture being different and language also. Or sometimes it is very complex to try and talk to them. Plus I am shy.
But I think now currently it’s totally changed. America is ready to be more open and let Asian people to belong with American groups. Obama has every time said in his speech “White Americans, Black Americans, Latino Americans, Asian Americans, we are United States of America.” Look at that!! Even the government is also supporting us. And for my case, sometimes I just try to call to my black friends but I just call them Niggaz. If I call to first met person, of course it would be at a wavelength. But for me it’s ok.
We are friends. Though, our culture, skin, and language are different. Being friends makes all things possible with my favorite American kids’ unique way of shaking hands.
I have always been definite since I first came to United States. Now also my determined hasn’t changed yet. That’s the reason I still keep going and I will definitely change our Asian’s stereo type and especially for Korean to American’s thinking.
This is the time when Asians are also coming up on the main stage in the United States.
Moreover, There should be many more Asians advancing in sports, stars, and entertainers in the U.S. big market.

4 comments:

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

yep, I think so.
More Asians should target U.S big market, and Show how awesome we're

JunHyung Park

Leslie said...

Racial discrimination is not to black people only, it's to all people with any color (leslie)

Racial discrimination has been a phrase standing for any mistreatment black people received in the history because of their color. Therefore, there also appeared a lot more literary works about black people than any other races in America. Actually, it includes all the races, Asians, Latinos, etc.

History tells us what we should do now, so Asians, as a much small group of people in America, should also learn from black people's history and avoid the similar treatment with their own efforts.

We all know it's an upseting and sensitive topic. But you see, we can discuss it openly now, which is already a big change.

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.