Feb 10, 2009

The color got me upset By JunHyung Park

when I was in Korea, before i came here, I had nothing to do with racism. Because Korea is only consisted of one nation, one color of skin, unlike multiracial country, U.S.A. Actually, I saw the racism on t.v or internet news. However, I became to know how big problem it is, since i lived here. it was not only the problem for black people, but also most of asian. At very first time, since I started my first semester, i met one guy who was also lived in the same dorm. During first month, he treated me very gently, and kindly, but the more the time passed by, the more his behavior was changing. he acted like this is my country, so if i don't like something, you can't not do that. Moreover, here is one of good examples, he wanted to listen to the music very loudly at midnight, even i was about to go bed very soon. I really wanted him to turn off the music, but His faced looked like " I am american, but you are asian. this is my home ground. I can listen to the music, whenever i want" I thought at that time that no matter how people are thinking racism is shrinking markedly, but it is not, which is still working..." Damn racism

4 comments:

Leslie said...

haha I know who is this guy.
-Hugo-

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

lol, even thought it is funny, that's also sad story..

Leslie said...

Yes, It hurts. (Leslie)

Racism does exist in every corner of this country, and every corner of people's mind, whether you know it or not. People are so used to grouping people, according to their appearance, gender, class, education, age, anything. Therefore, don't take offense to it too much, and try to regard race as one of these categories. Do you feel so offended when you are disrespected because of your young age by the elder? or because of poor condition of your family by some rich guys? Then you will feel a little better, though it doesn't bring any change to the situation.