Feb 28, 2009

Choosing clothes, but not Relligion, and Values by Dila

We cannot choose somethings from life right? we all know that. ( Religion, family, country) We born with some things. At the same time there are something that we can choose.
I am Muslim and Turkish. I didn't choose my religion nor country, but I can choose what to believe or not to believe. So like everyone else. There are not certain things that I have to do. I am Muslim, and I proud but I am not religious, or narrow minded. Every single part of the world is different, and you cannot judge any values they have. Even though it is stupid or illogical for you.
There is nothing like, west is like that east is like that. No one can decide that without knowing their culture. About Afghanistan, who said they are not happy about their life and values? If they would not be happy with this value would change by the time. But no they are still continuing to obey environmental expects and they are also doing these to their children and goes on like that.
Can we say educational lack? maybe, I am sure it has big role for some countries or some people but not every religious or middle eastern country. For example, in Dubai, almost everyone are well educated also they are so rich. However, woman who lives there are covering their body, and hairs. So this is believes, choices that is not something to change if they are happy with that. They choose to live like that, or they do not want to exactly equal with man.
Everybody is talking about "There is no equality between man and woman", "Man and woman should be equal" etc.. Did you ever worry about equality, When it is easy to find job for woman? or When it is time to repair something? or When you need some man to carry heavy things?.. probably no! Because we only thing equality when we need it.
I have so many opinions about these issue, I start to think after I read "Choosing Clothes, but not Husbands" and comments. from others. So one last thing I want to tell everyone, "Don't judge or compare any culture if you do not know well. There is nothing like this culture and belief is right, good, and other one is bad and wrong.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I think everything is great in this world. The badness is in our minds. It is up to us how we want this world and how we want to enjoy. Beauty lies within... Everything is beautiful...(Aakash Mehta)

Leslie said...

Vote for this article! (1) By Lei Gao.