Feb 15, 2009

Racism by Sehoon Kim

After reading this article, I also feel that dscrimination for black men is very serious problem. Some black guys are dealt with something bad even they are good people as the article metioned. However, unlikely other people, I think that black people have to change their mind.

As time goes by, most people perceive that the world must change into the world where discrimination disappeared. For this reason, black men have a chance to be good person. In spite of this fact, the crime is often occured by black men so that people have the emotion to be scared. I think this is serious problem. It makes people have discrimination for black men.

When I lived in Brooklyn for winter break, I saw many black men there. Some black men are very kind when we met, but, in case of other black men, when I just passed by next them, they said to me you go away, something like that. At that time, I felt scary.

Before they complaint their discrimination, I think they need to know what they usually are doing to other people like me, asians.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Whoever tied the knot on the bell is the one to untie it (leslie)

This is an old Chinese saying.

Black men, as you said, really did a lot of things which worsened the racial discrimination toward them.

The crimes, low education, laziness, they cannot deny that some black people do have these features. Furthermore, some even have a hostile attitude towards other races and try to defend themselves with the only reason as a black, even for their wrongs.

Therefore, if the black people are not united to change their image completely, they could never stop complaining about racial discrimination toward them.

Only through establishing a positive image of themselves, all the minority groups can erase racial discrimination from other races' mind. It's same to all Asians, too.