Feb 18, 2009

The archivement of desire (Satomi Minegishi)

In this article, the audience would realize the different education levels of people; the author, the author’s mother and father. Education in some way alienates people from their family, friends, and social classes. It seems to me that acquiring knowledge is valuable for us. The reason is because this essay shows us how the author succeeds in his life by comparing his life with other people’s lives which include his family member’s lives. However, I wonder whether it is good or bad for his life. In other words, did he achieve good relationships with his family in his life? Actually, he succeeds in a department of academic studies and he becomes an educated person. On the other hand, however, he has a hard time spending his free time with his family. In his article, I found that his family looks fake. That is because, even though I read this article, it was difficult to find out whether he could share his feelings with his family or not. He would rather read books than talk with his family. Generally speaking, family members can share their feelings with their parents, brothers or sisters. As I was growing up, I used to talk about what I felt on a day and what I read with my parents and sisters. By sharing our experiences with each other, we laughed a lot and understood each other’s thinking. We encouraged each other whenever we were disappointed in school or work. Family is defined as supporting each other. However, in this essay, the author’s family is not what supports each other. In this sense, it is questionable to me if the author could say that he made the achievement of desire without his family’s relationship in his life.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I totally support your assertion.
though,some people fulfill their dreams, if they fail their family relationship, which is not perfect success in their life.

JunHyung Park

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

i totaly agree with you

family relationship is the most important thing in our life

alex