Feb 27, 2009

convention vs. myself (Yoona Hahm)

Which one is more important? Following the convention or believing myself?

Beacuse of the article "Choosing clothes, but not husbands", I get confused which one is more important. When I read the article first, I wondered how they dare to restrict Afghan women. No matter how important their family reputation and their custom is, nowadays, the right of women and the ability of women have amazingly improved. Everyone notices that. So, I cannot understand their patriarchal culture.

However, when I read the article second time, I changed my mind. If I choose the one whom I love and this dicision makes my family ruin, I couldnot choose the one and follow my parents' decision. Even though myself is important for me, my family is also my biggest part of myself. How can I choose it against them? Also, like last controversial article "I listen to my parents and I wonder what they believe", I tend to follow my parents. That is, finally, I follow the convention.

Therefore, I am confused which one I can choose, following the convention or following myself.

P.S Thanks god for studying what I want with the support from parents and without any restriction. :D

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I prefer following my parent's decision. Because I am certain no one could be known better than my parents. And I of course know my parents have living sagacious life. Plus I really respect my parents. So I could say I cannot do disobey my parents. However who know if I really meet destiny girl and I betray my parents. (Hugo)

Leslie said...

i think the issue is follow whose opinion. the point is why this kind of constitution should exit.
PS:follow yourself, be yourself :P
Shuhua Lu