Feb 2, 2009

Listen carefully (JunHyung Park)

After reading this article, suddenly one thing i remember. when i was high school student, my math teacher usually said like " Hey guyz~ do you understand?" All the students usually stayed in mute. At that time, the teacher really confused whether we did understand or not, and even the teacher let us say anything forcingly, after he said something. we were only eightteen or something, and did not know how important interaction was. After class, he often said that saying something after he said is really important to increase our quality of study, and even helped a lot between you and me in terms of math. However, even if i did not understand how importand it is at that time, i can understand how important it is now. When i graduated high shool, i sometimes did part time job in english institute to teach junior high shool students. However, one thing i felt was that " wow, i could understand what my math teacher said at that time" when i taught my class, my students did same action the way i did when i was a student. it was so terrible. I was too stuffy to teach my class. Moreover, i even felt that "Are they ignoring me?, or are they sleeping, pretending like they are understanding? this article remind me to think of when i had that kind of experience. the ariticle got me opportunity to reconsider how important listening carefully, and also reaction something to people who said us something.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You understand it ! (leslie)

Yes, as you said, it's really hard to deal with a group students who give no response to whatever you say.

Therefore, to listen carefully is important, and to "tell me more" is even more important.