Feb 22, 2009

" I listen to my parents" by Laura

I had been especially sensitive to a special part of this article : "They need to be told what they must do and what they must not do. They need control over themselves and a sense of what others are entitled to from them-cooperation, thought¬fulness, an attentive ear and eye. They need discipline not only to tame their excesses of emotion but discipline also connected to stated and clarified moral ". This sentence makes sense today more than ever.
For a long time, I was not aware of the necessity and importance of the education. I thought that it was innate and natural to have a good education, and that the children who was not educated ( to my mind) was the one who rejected the education of their parents. Actually, I did not really understand the people who were telling my brother and myself that we were well educated. It is when I came to America that I became aware of my education and how important was it.

For 18 years, my parents fight every day to strive to give to their children a good education, even if there is no real "rules" or "book" , to explain how to educate and raise his children. Today, I am totally aware of the bases of my education and I am really grateful to my parents. It is seeing the people around me, in a different country, and from France as well as all voer the world that I understood what education is. Education is following you during the whole life. Bases that parents told you are integrated in you, and that is refelcting in everone's behaviour in every circumstances. Being far from my parents, I now understand the meaning of every single word the told me during my childhood. I am now able to live by myself in a different country, thanks to the clear mind they taught me, and I am also able to benefit from their experience, because my aprnets told me how lucky I am to have the opportunity to discover the world at such a young age.

Relation with others, respect, open-mindedness, diplomacy, understanding, listening to people, interest to discover people from all voer the world and importance of it are the concepts learnt for 18 years, which gave me the possiblity to live my parent's home at 18.
Children need to be taught and also reassure during their childhood. The childhooh is the momentwhere the bases of the life are putting down, and it will help yu or put you in difficulties during all your life. In a sense, the period of the childhood is a period where you store up strenghts and moral of life which will help ou during all your life;
It makes sense to me few months ago, and this is what I re understand through this article.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I vote her (hugo)

Leslie said...

I vote her (Jungtzu)

Leslie said...

i vote u (satomi minegishi)