Dec 14, 2008

writing is very important to me(Jiaqi.Huang)

How time flies! It is the time to end of this semester, also is the end of my freshman year. This is my final essay of my English course, also is my final essay in my freshman year. After one year study, my writing is improving. I think writing is very important to me. It not only is a tool of study, but also is an expression of myself.
Writing is a good way to express what I thought. Blog posting is my favor way to express my feeling and idea through the internet. Before I came to America to study, I have a blog written by Chinese. I like posting the comment after I saw an interesting movie, the feeling after I met someone, the strange idea of I did the daydream etc. Posted everything what I want freely. Blog posting is a kind of writing which is most interesting. You don’t have care how long you wrote or whether it has grammar mistakes. Sometimes you will see comments leave by other bloggers. Those comments are more truly than people talk face to face because you will be more honest without seeing people’s countenance. Sometimes, you can make friends with the blogger who have the same topic or ideas with you.
Writing diary is a good way to record my life. I started to write my diary from ten years ago. I think diary is a good way to record my diary life. You might think photograph also is the easier to record life. But one day when you look at an old picture, you might remember what was happening when you took this snapshoot, you probably forgot the feeling of that moment. The only way you won’t forget the feeling is write it down. As a girl, I have a lot of secret that I don’t want to tell anyone, I will write in my diary instead of keep them in my heart. Even after twenty years, I had already feel despair of my life, I believe I will find my hope by reading the diary which I wrote when I was young.
Writing is the safest way to express things to other. We always face to some bad situations to make our speaking more mistakes. Such as when we said something without thinking, we may easy to say something wrong and can’t take it back, because we had already said it out. Or when we say something in formal occasion, we will make many mistakes if feel shy or nervous. Bur you can correct your writing many times before you show it to others. That’s why writing is safest way to express way to express things. I am the kind of person easy to get nervous, so I prefer to write down what I what to say on paper. Also, I prefer to write E-mail than video chat when I contact with my friends. I think writing is the best way to express my meaning.
Writing is good way to improve my English. When I am wiring, especial in formal writing, I have to consider the words and grammars which I chose whether correct. In the process of I was choosing the word in the article, I will learn more vocabularies. I will check my grammar after I finished every essay. Every time I check the essay, just like one more time practices. I believe the more I practice, the fewer mistakes I got.
Writing is an important skill in college. Most academic course required to writing some papers. If you want to get a good grade in your course, at least you should good at writing paper. Of course writing is not the only thing you should do well when you want to get good grade, but it must be one of the important parts.
After this essay, my essay will be graded as any other native students’ in future. All my academic writing will be graded by my idea, my knowledge about the course, not the grammar mistake any more. If I want someone correct my essay’s mistake, I have to go to writing center. Compare I just been America, my writing had already improved a big step. But actually how far is the gap between mine and theirs? I think I still have a long way to go. Anyway, writing is very important to me. I like writing. Writing will be part of my life, I will always like it no matter in Chinese or English.

No comments: