Dec 12, 2008

Writing For Me

In general, we always say that reading can enrich a person’s knowledge and fulfill a person’s life experience, which we learned it when we are young. But when I was young, I kept doubt about that, because the first impression mind related to writing is how to express my own opinion and thoughts instead of taking a reference from others. I still remember that the first writing in my lifetime is my diary when I was nearly 8 year old. Although I even couldn’t finish a whole sentence to express myself, I still try my best to writing down something that I can. As time goes by, I learn more knowledge and what I can express through writing is becoming more and more profound. Gradually, writing has become one part of my life. I was not a person who is really good at public speaking, sometimes I feel shine and stressed when I stand in front of audience and expressing myself became a hard thing. At this time, writing is my only tool to express what I want to say. When the time I am writing, I feel free and relax no matter who sits or stands beside me. Moreover, sometimes free writing is a way to express unsatisfaction from real world.
Famous French writer Sartre says: “writing is a tool to conflict with life.” It’s inevitable that many things happed to us is against our willing, unfortunately sometimes we can’t change it as we want and even we can’t express it loudly, at this time, we will feel depressed and angry. Then what we need is finding a typical to express happiness in case of having psychological barrier. Some people may say communicating to friends is a good choice, but not all the people want to tell the secrets to friends, then writing is such a friend who can patiently listen to you.
Besides the function of express myself, sometimes writing became one of things we have to do in order to improve our study. Compared to the writing above, academic writing demand a high standard of writing skills, which we have to make practice all the time so that we can improve it. Then reading back to my article about the importance of reading, at this time, writing can be a mirror that reflects your literacy criteria, then the best way to enhance it is through reading, which is from my own experience. When I was in junior high school, I take my teacher’s suggestion to read articles so that I can improve accomplishments better. I bought different books randomly, but when I want to be concentrated on reading them, I feel bored and lack of interests. Finally although I am reluctant to finish reading parts of them, my wiring skills didn’t be proved anymore. Even sometimes I will want to take other’s writing content instead of learn writing skills, which let me depressed. Fortunately, one day, when I was in library, I was caught by a blue covered book “if giving me three more bright days”. I borrowed it home and finish reading it quickly. The content in this book is about Helen Keller, a famous woman who is blind, deaf and dumb. I really respect her achievement, although it seems like life is unfair to Helen, what she wants to achieve is all hard, what she should do is make more efforts than ordinary people. but finally she finished her dream and even better than us. After that, I’m surprised and glad to see that my writing skill was improved greatly. Although I just have read one book, I apply many content and experience of Helen as examples into my own writing. Then I found that the only book that I interested in reading is biography, after I found my own interest from that time. I read many other biography, personally speaking, reading biography can influence my thoughts to life, because if a person who has his own biography, no matter it was wrote from himself and others, he must have some special quality and trait that we can learn from. For example, after I read biography of President Lincoln, I was impressed by his experience, he had a poor childhood because of his family, but finally he succeeded, the reason is he has a strong and decent heart. He insisted on issue about salves, and he is famous of speech because of his wide reading.
On the other hand, reading biography has really helped me a lot. Due to the fact that you can know a lot of things and stories just from one book, and you can use it in different topic. Once you accurately use them, you will find your writing will become more lively and reasonable.
I have learned a lot from Eng2f class. Personally speaking, when I was in high school, I was tying my best to improve my writing skills. My mother always says that your handwriting can reflect yourself, while I also believe that writing is mirror of a person. Due to the fact that I think, any kind of good writing is from you heart, if you want you writing become lively and wonderful, you have be concentrated on your own experience and life. We always sat that personal experience is crucial to a person’s growth, the reason is that experience can bring some thoughts and will influence people so that we can become perfect. I really love to writing something related with my personal experience. In this semester, the topic is just such a kind of topic that I prefer to write. In the past three writings, I applied many my personal experiences into my writing, which made me enjoy writing them. Moreover, I also get some feedback from my writing, one of most important that I learned is how to modify writing. When was in high school, I didn’t have the experience to hand in my writing after finishing drafts, but in eng2f, I experienced that and I got benefit from that. I realize that writing can be improved after my second thought. It’s surprised that my writing become better and frequency after my modifying. Sometimes I feel like my thoughts become more after I rethink it. I think this important experience will become important part of my life, it let me know that try to do everything carefully, and sometimes redoing also can bring out better consequence.

No comments: