Dec 14, 2008

Importance Of Writing, Mayur Raniya.


Generally speaking, writing is one of the best ways to express yourself. A person can create his own identity in the society. People write to convey motion through expressions, to express themselves on what is happening around the world and their life and what they expect to achieve in the future. Sometimes we are not able to say what we may feel but we can spread our thoughts or ideas just through simple words. I believe writing is one of the most important tools we have. It creates connections within people and distributes our points worldwide. A person can be in the US and post his/her opinion online and someone on the other end of the world can read it and give their opinion about it. It creates a connection and understanding between everyone in the world.
Writing is a great way to save history. We have books from years back filled with writing. Those books contain our history, tell us stories, and tell us about life back in time. If we did not have those books we really would not have any source that would take us back in time and help us understand how things were.
As for me, writing has helped me improve in English. I am able to see my mistakes when they are on paper but when I talk I do not know I am making errors. Therefore, writing has helped me improve. I would like to share my own experience to the readers that when I graduated from India, I decided to get education in USA and I was confident by that time but I didn’t think that I may face some problems with my writing skills. I always hated writing. Writing was the biggest problem for me. I always asked my friends for help in writing my papers or homework in India. In fact, they used to do my homework and solve other papers related to writings. When I came to USA and I saw the education system over here, I kept blaming myself that why did I come here? Because, the professors here give a lot of writing assignments to do just to make the students more aware of the world and get more and more knowledge from it. Whenever I tried to do my English projects, I was always blank in my mind and always wonder that how am I going to finish this project? and after sometime I started getting more and more ideas and I couldn’t stop myself to write more and more about the regarding topic. Now, I feel better and more confident by the end of this semester and I really appreciate the class professor Dr. Leslie Bai who organized the whole course very well to improve our knowledge as well as our reading and writing skills. She gave us various interesting topics to deal with and we did lot of readings, writings and research on them. I still remember I had many sleepless nights to make my ideas on the regarding essays more clear and supportive and that helped me a lot in gaining deep knowledge about such things like gay and lesbians rights in the society, women rights, women position in the 21st century and much more that we didn’t know about in depth.
Finally, I would like to conclude by saying that having good writing skills is a blessing. Although I still regret that I didn’t learn much English because I did my high schooling from India in my mother language but after coming here I have and still improving my English skills. I am sure that within in few years I would master the language. Writing is the fastest and the easiest way of improving language skill and the most important feature about writing is that it is the best way of communication especially for the people who are far away from home like me. I keep in touch with my friends and family by online chatting and various social networking websites. I can write to my friends or parents anytime I want to.

No comments: