Dec 16, 2008

Hard works, Writing (Yeajeong Lee)

For me, writing is very difficult one. Actually, I like to study math and science thing, so history and some literature department subject are hard to study to me, because there is no right or wrong answers; however, math and science have very clear answers for each problem, and it makes me interesting and exciting. No one think that writing has answer. Actually, it does not. Writing is a way to express your thought on your paper. No one can say this writing is wrong or right. Maybe, this result made me very complicated. Like math and science, if I know the right answer, even if I did wrong, I will do it to get the right answer, so there is a lot of way to get the right answer like formulae. I also believe that writing also have a lot of way to express my opinion, but it just has my thought and no clear answers. My professor also told me everyone’s thought is right. Every time, I should have strong opinion for my writing subject and write for my thought for long paper, so, how this writing can be easy to me for every time.

Truly, the most difficult thing is, I do not know that how to start my writing. I feel so hard to start it. If I have to start my writing assignment, always cursor was just twinkling on my laptop. There were no words, sentence and etc. Sometimes, I did spend so many times to start it like 1 or 2 hours and sometimes, more than this. Every time, I did put some words or question and then, removed again and again. I knew that I should have a good and clear introduction, it will easy to write next paragraph down. Another thing is that I always think that what makes this essay more interesting for the beginning, because my professor always told us start you’re writing with some interesting idea. I could not write just some general idea for beginning, I needed to write some specific thing which can make people’s interest and it should show my strong opinion for this essay like what I will write and my thought about this subject. I need to show my clear opinion for writing. In fact, still now, I feel little bit afraid how to start it, however, I believe that I feel better than the beginning of this semester, because I did put a lot of efforts to make my writing more interesting and think a lot for the introduction of each writing.

Before do your writing, you should think and search for some materials. These processes make me so stressful. When I took the English 1F class during last semester, spring 2008, I did not feel really hard to search for some materials for my writing, so I did not need to spend a lot of time to search it, because there were not too hard subjects for paper assignment. In this semester, however, English 2F class, it needs so many works to do it. My professor gave us more specific subjects; so, I have to find many articles by using Internet, library books, newspaper and etc. It took a lot of time and was hard to find some contents that I want to use for my writing, so, the beginning of this semester; I did not use a lot of articles for my first writing, because of this difficulty. On the other hand, when I did work on my third paper which was the research paper, I put and used a lot of materials. I feel little bit comfortable to find and use it. When I filled out the bibliography, I could see how I find a lot of materials and did use it for just one paper. I was so surprised, because I remember the first time; even I found some articles, I did not know that how to use this quote for my writing. At that time, my professor wrote some comments down on my first draft, “this quote is not suitable for this paragraph.” Now, I feel free from this difficulty. I think I am still not perfect to use some quotes for my writing, but I see my development from the first time. This development makes me to have encouraged doing writing work.

I strongly believe that writing is very important, because we can express our thought easily and I know that I will have a lot of writing work for my major classes. In fact, still nowadays, I do not like to do some writing works. As I mentioned that writing do not have a right or wrong answer and hard to figure out what I am going to write. Last time, I show my first writing and research paper to my friends and he told me my writing skill is really developed a lot from the beginning. When I heard from my friends, I felt so delightful even I know that I am not still perfect. For the first time, I felt so hard to write like 3 or 4 pages for one paper, but now, I feel that 3 or 4 pages are nothing. There is so much differentiation between first time and now. I believe that if I enjoy writing works, it can be easier to do it, but, every time, before do my writing, I always felt that writing is hard and so stressful to me. This behave made me to have more difficulty, so, I will try to think that writing is interesting thing, because I can express my opinion in this paper and others writing also can make me to know their thought for one subjects. I believe that this behave will bring more development out to me for my writing skills.

No comments: