Dec 14, 2008

Quality rather than Quantity (Seungbae LEE)

"If I've learned anything about language, it's that the clinche "quality, not quantity" definitely applies."

------ from "The Power of Language" by Jessie Lange

I think language is quality not quantity. That's because talking a lot cannot give correct information. Just telling short and clear main point can give correct information to other listeners. In essay, also the quality is needed rather than quantity. For example, although I write anything I want to talk about, if I didn't write any thesis statement and didn't make any conclusion, readers can't find out the topic and what I want to tell them. When I was in ESL course, I submitted an essay which has 4 pages, but, the teacher said she needed 1 page essay which has clear conclusion and thesis statement. Quality should be prior to quantity.

No comments: