Dec 17, 2008

Writing is meaningful in our lives(XIAOJING WU)

We know the world through our eyes.
We read books and know deeper about world with our hearts.
We understand others more through their speaking and writing.
Language is powerful.
Writing is one of the ways that language presents.

For me, writing is the best way to express myself, even to communicate with others. When I am writing, it forces me calm down to unscramble my thoughts, and to find out the root of problems. Sometimes I feel confuse of some things or be angry with someone, through wiring some words, some simple words, I will find everything is not a big deal. Everything happens for reasons. If find the reasons, things will be much easier to accept. Unfortunately, yesterday an unhappy thing happened to me. I talked on the phone with my dad yesterday afternoon, in the hall ways, because my roommate was playing music. After I return room for 30 minutes, a piece of paper was pasted on my door. The paper is notice that post all is force required to be 24 hours quiet and some red words were written by hand.
“Wendy, the hall is required 24 hours quiet, so stop talk on your phone so loud in the hall ways. It is annoying.”
I felt so bad when read those words. I would rather the girls come and ask me to keep quiet when I was talking on the phone. Being written in words makes the problem become extremely serious for me, especially written in red words. In China, write one’s name in red means curse someone and ask him to die. Other things wrote in red words means very important. I feel depress and then just did some writing. This problem is really not some serious as I consider. In the U.S., there might not have the same superstition of red words. The girl might just want to express what her feeling was and make me to be attention to my voice volume. Even though, the bad feeling still exists, I can try to relieve myself.
In this case, writing is a good way to express one thought when they do not want to talk with people face to face, avoiding embarrassment. Were you ever in such a situation? You have some misunderstanding with your friends, have some argument with your boyfriend or girlfriend, have some words to tell your parents but too shy to do so? Then just try to write them something in a polite way to let them know what you are thinking about.
I like do my own writing and also read others’ writing. Writing can show us the world of the writers. Unlike speaking, writing words is through deep thinking and well organized. Different styles of writing represent different characters. We can get into several personal worlds through reading others’ writing. We can have various imaginations of others’ writing. It depends on the readers’ own experiences. People’s speaking cannot be kept for over thousands years and cannot be spread. Being written in books, one’s words can be translated into different languages and kept for years. We can still read what Shakespeare wrote but cannot hear what he said.
Since writing is meaningful in our lives, it is very important to have good writing ability. Being as an international student, improve my writing skills are necessary. Though I cannot write so well now, but is faster and smoothly than before. Writing needs time, improve writing need practice. I will keep working on English writing.

No comments: