Sep 21, 2008

YunJu Chung, "Black men and public space"

"As I swung onto the avenue behind her, there seemed to be a discreet, uninflammatory distance between us. After a few more quick glimpses, she picked up her pace and was soon running in earnest. Within seconds she disappered into a cross street."



Im similarly situated like her weather I have ever experienced. Actually I was scared the black men when I came to New York. When I and my friend went to Harlem, there were many people who were the black men. They kept out of mischief to us. They did if for fun we felt a vague fear. I have made friends a black since now and I stay in touch with them. They are kind people. They just express by words and actions with a joyful look. I become intimate with them.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

(Heeyoun Huang)

You should give us the example by "Jerry!!!" hahahahaha

I understand that you said, "they express themselves by joyful actions...." i don't remember now.. what you exactly said, but i think they are very expressive.

even though we have such a strong stereo types for each races, we should trying to break that stero types to understand people.

if we don't try, they misunderstanding us too. (we should all remember that).
Let them know about us, also let yourself know about them.

Leslie said...

↑ I misspelled "Stereo" to "Stero" Sorry about that.....♡

Leslie said...

They are so joyful! (Leslie)

I am wondering what you mean by "they just express by words and actions with a joyful look", but based on Heeyoun's explanation, I got to know that you mean they are good at expressing with both words and actions. I should say I am always amazed at their naturally born sense of rhythms both in music and dance. Their attitude toward life, as you said, is so joyful. Sometimes we think they live every day as if there is no tomorrow coming. It's so opposite to Asian people, who live everyday for tomorrow.

Language:
This short passage actually has a lot of language problems, and I think you really need to read it loud to yourself before posting it.