Sep 26, 2008

do you wnat to live in Brooklyn?

" After dark, on the warrenlike streets of Broklyn shere I live, I often see women who fear the worst from me." (From BLACK MEN AND PUBLIC SPACE")


When I read this sentence, I feels like i dont want to live in a Brooklyn , because, this sentence gave to me feels scarely. I means that if i was live in Brooklyn , all times at nigh i might be meet some black men really fear the worst. Moreover, If I was meet the black man after dark I also fear the worst from the blackman.

So, why they are gave to us feels scarely?

I think it might be our feeling and thinking about black men.
In the Media, many times they show about vulnerable blackmen's information.
for example. rubber, burglars are almost blackmen... things like that.
they show a lot of blackman's crucial than others. I think that's why women feels like frightend about black men.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

They are everywhere, not just Brooklyn (Leslie)

First you should clarify who you are.

Then you should pay more attention to your typos.

Finally, about the fear of black man. I think it's more or less like the horrible stories of ghosts you heard. A child might feel nothing in the evening before someone tells him a story of ghost, and then he became too frightened to sleep alone any more.

Sometimes, I am just wondering why people love horrible movies or stories which can only bring them the illusion of horror and frighten themselves to death by their own fear.

Therefore, I am asking who planted "ghost" into our mind.