Sep 28, 2008

If you can't forgive,let's forget it (xiaoshu zhu)

“cross over the bridge, there’s a lot of love on the streets.”

I really like this quote. This quote gave me a meaningful picture that if people cross a gloomy bridge, they can all the friendly faces on the street. In the last few days, we always talked about what racism was, who the really victims were when racism happened and what should we do to prevent racism. However, no one can find a real good way to against racism. From the articles we discussed, sometimes I was sad about the people who were treated different, sometimes I was angry with the people who blustered others and sometimes I was worried about something unfair that happened on myself. When I read the article “Don’t just stand there”, the last sentence “cross over the bridge, there’s a lot of love on the street” shocked me a lot. This quote makes me wake up and get out of the struggle. I think it’s also the answer of all the questions we mentioned before. Besides racism, people have a lot of things need them to concern, like family and friends. If we cannot solve the problem, we can just cross it, and then we can see there are a lot of wonderful things waiting for us.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Let's Surpass this depression and live with hope (leslie)

Prejudice in any way is so depressing and hurting. Everyone might have experienced some kind of prejudice in your life time. Usually, we will be angry, sad, depressed, and lost. However, we have to walk on with hope that the other side of the bridge, we will see more love. This hope can strengthen us to fight through any barriers and hurdles on the bridge. I am sure to forget and to pretend not seeing them won't remove the barriers on the bridge, so the only way is to face it and remove them.

Hence, I want to say, if you can't forgive it, let's forget it, and if you can't forget, you have to fight it.