Sep 14, 2008

Say what you want to say (Jia Qi Huang)

" i was ashamed for my silence and carried that ashame across oceans, through a summer when it never rained, in my secret pocket, till now. i will never feel better about it."


this is a quote from the article "Long Overdue". We are in contact with many people everyday, lots of misunderstanding will happen if the communication were not good. How to avoid these misunderstandings? Say what you want to say. Someone thought "just let it go" when they face to some unfair things or misunderstandings. But I don't think so. I don't think keep silence is a good way to avoid the arguement. The best way to solve the misunderstandings is say what you wanted to say. Don't keep silence. Say it with your powerful reasons and do not feel embarrass. Otherwise, we will like the writer said:regret keeping word in secret pocket and never feel better about it.
I remember the first time I came to NewYork JFK airport, when I waitting for a long line to check out, a guy jump the queue in front of me, the security guard thought I was together with the guy, and warned us. I tried to explain but the security guard did't listen, i keep silence finally. But I feel regret about that till now, because i really did't do that in an international airport.i should said something,but i didn't. I feel so bad about that till now....

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Silence is Gold


Do you remember this sentence, "silence is gold"? It might work in many cases, but it definitely doesn't here in the situation.

Silence will only mean your tolerance or allowance to the existence of these negative phenomena or injustice. Then you will become part of the crime. Since "no man is an entire island", what you do or don't will also bring "butterfly effect" to another person or even cause another person to die or survive.


I am not sure whether what you should have done would bring any change to that situation, but at least I am sure that it won't leave any shame to you.