Sep 16, 2008

Oops!-Xuexue Pan

"Long,long,long overdue."

Yes! It's true. It's really long overdue.

I feel so tired of talking on racial issue. From ENG_1F to ENG_2F, almost every artical is on racial issues. Sometimes I just doubt if they can write somethhing else? Perfume spreys every 5 mintes makes people feel dizzy. However,reading this kind of articles makes me throw up, especially I am the one who had ever suffered from racial issues.

It was a great beautiful weekend. I went shopping with my friend in SOHO and a decent-dressed man passed by, pushing a babycar. Suddenly he got mad on me and shuted
"Excuse me! Don't you see the babygirl?! Can't you get an other way?!"
He was too angry to sacred me.
I was shock.
And another old lady who saw the whole things came to comfort me,
"Oh my god.That for a girl..."
Now, I alredy try my best to forget this experience. But everyweek when I read the articles I still feel uncomfoetable and sad.

Whenever I read about the racial topic I can't help gossiping, "Oops!Dame it!"
Could somebody please think about the readers?
Can we expect something happy?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Oops! Again? Come on!

This is also my reaction when I was in an American literature class and racism was always the focal topic.

Any unfair treatment will infuriate one and leave a page in his life which he would never want to turn to. However, any tumor, how ugly or smelly it is, has to be removed as soon as possible. Painful? Yes, but you have to. Any overdue may result in worse deterioration, and even unrevertible death.

When the disastrous result really comes, I hope we can still send out an "Oops".

The dad in your story was definitely making a big fuss over it, but what made you think it came from some racial attitude?

By the way, try to make your post less casual, since this is also supposed to be part of the practice of academic writing.

Leslie said...

i also agree with you.