Sep 15, 2008

prejudice makes racism. -Heekyung cho.



" So, I grew up in a basically racist household with more than a child's share of contempt for white people."
(sentence from " A slow walk of trees.")
when I first read this sentence, I feel a lot of things about house education.
And moreover, I am really pleasured to author, because when he was growing in his own house, he think a lot of things about white people. Father does distrusted every word and every gesture of every white man. on the other hand, his mother believed most white people's theories.
On that times, He might be really confused about white people's attitude. But now, he was got over the a lot of views about white people.
If I was him, I will getting a lot of prejudices about white people.
A lot of people have different views about the other race. Moreover, many people have prejudice on that things. I think it is worst than the other thinking about race.
If people dose not experienced about the other races, people have not to decision about their race's characteristics. It might be made a prejudice.
Prejudice is lead to racism. So, we have to overcome the prejudice about the other races.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

And prejudice makes more than racism.

What you said about house education is actually family education.

The background one grows up exerts intangible influence to one's personality and perception. The standard of judging "right" or "wrong" and "good" or "bad" first comes from family education.

Another point you made about "prejudice makes racism" can be applied to other fields, such as the prejudice to gender difference (man vs. woman), prejudice toward the poor people or countries, toward uneducated, toward younger people, etc. They all produce unfair treatment.

I should seriously point out your language problem. Make sure you work first on word document and then do all the grammar and spelling check, and read for three times before posting.

1. "I am really pleasured to author" doesn't make sense.
2. "Father does distrusted every word and every gesture of every white man" ???
3. " he got over a lot of views about white people" ???
4. "many people have prejudice on that things"--- on what things?
5. "if people does not experienced ..."

You have very brilliant insights, and I can grasp them with a lot of guesses, I hope your words can be better composed to bring them out.

Leslie said...

Thanks your Feedback!
After I read your comments, I seriously think about your opinion
^-^