Sep 21, 2008

what do you need when you learn a different language (JAKE YOON)

what do you think?
when you want to learn a different language, what do you think is the most important ?

"Courage is the quality most essential to understanding the Language of the World"

in THE ALCHEMIST By Paulo Coelho.

when i was reading this book, i thought, this quote is what i need!
because im in the situation that have to learn English, and i know COURAGE is the most essential to learn a different language.

I couldn't finish the book, but it's really interesting book, and also easy to read.

When i m thinking about this quote, it reminds me when i came here first time,,
i was a bit nervous and nota talkative person.

NOW I AM HERE in the United States with a lot of American friends and leran English from them. the answer that i have been changed is COURAGE.

Courgage makes me to be brave and makes me have a lot of American friends.

The Boy in the book, his name is Santiago. he wanted to learn a different language, and he needed courage to learn another language.

All international students on the campus, they will suffer from learning english if they do not have courage to break the wall which stands between you and American culture.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Learning a language needs a thick face, that is courage.

We always say learning a language, first of all, you need a thick face. Never feel shy and always be brave enough to ask and to make mistakes. Be ready to be joked around and even looked down upon. Of course, it's just for a certain period, because after that period, your language will only bring you pride and no shame.

So thick faces, let's start to make mistaks.

Leslie said...

courages are included a lot of things, but if you learning a lanuages, you have to get a friendship. that is most important things i think.

heekyung.cho

Mayur Raniya said...

I totally agree with both of you. I would like to tell you my own experience. When i came here in USA, I didn't know anything about English language at all. I took classes to learn English language. So i got little bit knowledge about that language but by doing so, couldn't help me because I was communicating with my parents and my relatives in our own mother tongue "Gujarati" only and that was my biggest disadvantage. I couldn't improve myself up to the level that i thought. Then i started working in a grocery store. I came in contact with many different people with different backgrounds. I started communicating with them a lot. I made many mistakes and people made fun of me too but i never lose my control and confidence and By doing that i improved my vocabulary in English and i made many American friends around. Now i always remember that say by some author that "TRY AND TRY YOU WILL GET SUCCESS IN YOUR LIFE". So finally, i would say that we should never consider our self defeated but we should continue our trials and we will achieve victory one day.