Sep 28, 2008

We live in here now! (Soo Jin Park)

"I may be pore.
I may be Black.
I may be Ugly.
But, I'm here." from 'the color purple'


I'm so sure that this is the best African-American movie I've ever seen. The film was made by Steven Spielberg in 1985. It was hard to believe that such a nice movie was made 20years ago. This movie could stand comparison with nowadays movies. The movie talk about the racism between african-amerian and the white race people. The movie focus on the relationships between Celie and Nettie, Sofia, and Shug and the movie shows us the process of the finding black women's identity.
I feel so bad for Celie in the movie, when she talk about this quote. She want to live with equality but, it is hard to overcome to her. Now, the world was chaged, I can enjoy this movie 'color purple.'

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Black. Woman. Black Woman (leslie)

If you are a black, it's a sad story; If you are a woman, it's a sadder story; if you are a black woman, it's the saddest story.

"Color Purple", a novel by Alice Walker, was published in 1982. And then it was casted into a movie in 1985, and nominated for 11 Academy Awards. But it didn't win any. Then in 2005, it was produced into a musical on broadway and ran on until Feb. 2008.

Because of its explicit presentation of black female lives, as well as its contents of violence and abuse, it is loved by some people but not the others.

I recommend you to see this movie, and thank Soo Jin to give us this information.